Search Site
Workers’ Compensation

Greenville Workers’ Compensation Lawyer 

South Carolina firm assists clients who have been injured on the job

A workplace injury will leave you with many concerns about your financial security. Your employer may not want to pay for the costs of your treatment and lost wages after you’ve been hurt while working. If you find yourself in this situation, help is available. Greenville workers’ compensation attorney, John Mann is on your side and will fight to get you the compensation and treatment you deserve for your injuries.

South Carolina Workers’ Comp claims are common

In South Carolina, more than 30,000 injuries were reported to private employers, and more than half of these incidents resulted in injuries severe enough to require work absences, restrictions or transfers. If you’ve suffered a workplace injury or illness, you’re not alone. Annually, the state has approximately 2.5 claims per 100 full-time workers. With this volume, it’s easy for a worthy case to be overlooked or mishandled. The Mann Law Firm has the track record and determination to secure full payment through a settlement or a hearing before the state Workers’ Compensation Commission.

Benefits a Greenville Workers’ Compensation Lawyer can help recover

People are hurt on the job every day, suffering injuries that range from minor sprains to permanent impairment. When you’ve been injured on the job, you are entitled to benefits to cover your losses. Attorney John Mann and his staff press for you to get the compensation you’re entitled to. The benefits that Greenville employment lawyers can help victims and families recover from workers’ compensation include:

  • Necessary medical care
  • Two-thirds of the wages lost while you are unable to work, up to the state maximum
  • Permanent disability benefits
  • Compensation for disfigurement, physical impairment and loss of limbs
  • Reimbursement for driving costs to see your doctor or pick up prescriptions
  • Death benefits

Whether you’re a full-time or part-time employee, you are entitled to receive workers’ comp benefits in South Carolina if you have been injured, although the state does have certain requirements workers need to meet. For one, you must be a paid employee of the company to be eligible. The state often uses a direct control test to determine whether you’re an employee. Another important requirement is that the incident that led to your injury needs to be reported within 90 days.

Greenville workers’ compensation attorneys file claims and appeals

After an accident, there are some necessary steps you need to take to ensure you don’t waive your rights to treatment and compensation.

You should immediately inform your supervisor and fill out your company’s accident report form to put the incident on record. You also need to seek the appropriate medical treatment for your injury. Your employer or its insurance company can decide which doctor you need to see for your treatment.

Once your condition has stabilized, our firm can guide you through the rest of the process. There are important and time-sensitive forms that need to be filed to safeguard your workers’ compensation claim. These forms are especially important if your employer does not file a claim or denies your injury. If your claim is rejected or you receive less than you are entitled to, we work diligently to file and litigate workers’ compensation appeals.

Frequent causes of workplace accidents

Construction accidents Slips, trips, falls Exposure
Overexertion Repetitive activities Animal bites
Motor vehicle accidents Falling equipment Smoke inhalation
Workplace violence Entanglement


Many times injuries occur because of insufficient training to perform tasks properly or by an employer  failing to take actions that could have prevented injury. Often employers overlook simple safety precautions that would likely have avoided someone getting hurt. An experienced Greenville workers’ compensation lawyer will be able to uncover any employer mistakes.

Workplace injuries covered by a South Carolina workers’ compensation claim

There are many types of injuries covered by workers’ compensation, including those due to accidents or illnesses caused by occupational diseases acquired on the job. The severity of injury is usually not an issue for eligibility, except for minor injuries (papercuts or small bruises). However, nonsurgical scarring that can be seen from more than eight feet away does entitle you to recover benefits. The determination often comes down to how much the injury impairs your ability to do your work or affects your capacity to earn money.

All types of workplace injuries are covered, whether you’ve been hurt in a construction accident, while working at an office job or in some other position.

Common injuries in the workplace

Head and brain injuries Loss of limb Herniated disks
Neck and back injuries Repetitive stress injuries Spinal cord damage
Hand and foot injuries Respiratory illnesses Scaring
Burns Broken bones Occupational diseases


With more than three decades of experience handling injury claims, Greenville workers’ compensation attroney John P. Mann will help secure the compensation you deserve.

Contact Greenville workers’ compensation lawyers for a free phone consultation

When you’ve been harmed by unsafe working conditions, a Greenville workers comp attorney at the Mann Law Firm will advocate for you to be fully compensated for your injuries. Please call 864-326-0535 or contact the firm online to schedule a free telephone consultation regarding your case. The firm’s office is in Greenville.



Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Our Office
Greenville Office
512 E North St
Greenville, South Carolina 29601
Phone: 864-326-0535
Fax: 864-233-5088
*Parking lot located behind the building.
  • "Thank you so much for responding…Again, you have been instrumental in helping me during a difficult time in my life. "  -Louise - February, 2017

  • "I want to thank you for taking this case and handling it as professionally as you did. I appreciate you and your knowledge of what you do. I will have no problem ever giving a recommendation to or for you. I look forward to seeing that check in the mail soon. "  -Joe - April, 2017

  • "I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for the time you gave me. You helped me focus my thoughts, and now the future appears filled with promise. Blessings sometimes do indeed arrive in unlikely packages. "  -Jim - January, 2018