Greenville Firm Obtains Workers’ Compensation Benefits for Claimants
Experienced South Carolina attorney helps workplace injury victims
Suffering an injury or illness on the job creates physical and financial concerns. Though you might believe that you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits, it can be difficult to assess if those payments will meet your needs. The Mann Firm in Greenville delivers prompt, knowledgeable advice to South Carolina workers injured on the job who are seeking reimbursement for medical costs, lost wages and rehabilitation costs. With a detailed understanding of the law, we can explain what you can expect and will maximize the likelihood of a positive result. Whether you’re expecting a temporary absence from work or are facing a long period of disability, our firm outlines the compensation you’re entitled to and presses to make sure you aren’t shortchanged.
Skilled lawyer seeks medical costs, lost wages and other types of reimbursement
Starting with a free phone consultation, attorney John Mann will evaluate your potential workers’ compensation case and keep you apprised of every important facet and development claim for benefits, including:
- Wage replacement — While you are unable to work due to a job-related medical condition, you can collect two-thirds of the wages you have lost, up to a maximum set by the state. In 2018, the limit was set at $838.21 per week. This amount is subject to revision.
- Duration of benefits — Temporary workers’ compensation benefits can last for up to 340 weeks. Usually, the claimant is fully able to perform their job duties or reaches maximum medical improvement before that point.
- Medical costs — Bills for authorized medical treatments and prescription drugs are fully covered for work-related injuries and illnesses. When an expense is questioned or a victim is accused of not following their prescribed treatment, we take action.
- Rehab and other expenses — If an employee requires physical therapy or some other type of rehabilitation to recover, these costs are reimbursed through workers’ compensation. Associated expenses such as travel to and from medical appointments are also covered.
- Disability and impairment — Once maximum medical improvement has been reached, a determination is made regarding permanent disability or impairment. The relevant statute assigns payment over a number of weeks to various permanent conditions. Our firm offers knowledgeable counsel on the compensation available for certain types of injuries and negotiates effectively on your behalf when necessary.
Without counsel from a qualified workers compensation attorney, you might find yourself agreeing to an inadequate settlement or failing to secure full reimbursement.
Contact a South Carolina employment lawyer for a free phone consultation
The Mann Law Firm represents South Carolina clients in a full range of workers’ compensation matters. Please call 864-326-0535 or contact the firm online to schedule a free telephone consultation regarding your case. The firm’s office is in Greenville.